I’m a newbie here to WordPress so I am delighted to receive this award! Thanks for the nomination goes to lessonsbyheart. Thank you!!! This award is for small scale blogs on the brink of wide-scale recognition.
The community of support from other WordPress bloggers has been amazing! And now it’s my honor to pass this on!
Okay there are rules so pay attention. 🙂
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions asked of you, and create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate.
3. Nominate 11 blogs you think deserve to be noticed, and leave comments for them letting them know that they’ve been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag-backs.
11 Facts About Me (mmm…)
1. My hidden talent is juggling. 🙂
2. I hate making left turns when driving so I avoid it if I can. Call me Monk.
3. I am an introvert who loves hanging out with her friends for hours but then loves hanging out in solitude for hours also.
4. I do love music although I can’t play any instruments.
5. I’ve mentioned in my page “My Library” that being in a library or bookstore is like a little slice of heaven. Another little slice of heaven: in a garden of flowers. LOVE flowers! All kinds! Just being in Lowe’s or Home Depot’s garden center overwhelms me with pure joy! 😉
6. Jesus is my hero.
7. Who’s a fan of irony? Me!
8. Who’s a fan of dry humor? Me!!!! I do love me some humor with a mixture of wit. A little silly and a little dry. That is my range of humor.
9. I AM woman…watch me shop. I love shopping. Especially for shoes. Though my shoe wearing is now limited because of a pinched nerve in my hip. No more high heels unless it’s wedges and they’re not real high. Lord, deliver me so I can wear high heels! Amen!
10. Who’s a big fan of classic movies? Me!!! My favorite actors: Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelley, Bob Hope, Gregory Peck, Clark Gable.
11. My other hidden talent is drawing. I also dabble in photography. I love crafts…anything creative and crafty I love!
My answers to Lessons By Heart:
1. My favorite color is a toss-up between purple and blue.
2. No kids and no grand kids.
3. My favorite part of the day: When I’m awake which is usually in the afternoon. I’m out of bed in the morning but not awake til afternoon. Although I’ve been doing better lately and feeling like I have more energy.
4. It was my dream to be a teacher when I was a kid. Am I living it now? Sort of. Instead of teaching academics to kids, I occasionally teach the Bible to the adult ladies of my church.
5. My most prized possession is my grandmother’s hoop earrings. She passed away in ’94. Also the picture of my father when he was in the navy back in 1950. My father passed away this passed Nov.
6. My favorite book is the Bible. Favorite book in the Bible: Psalms and Hebrews! I love Hebrews because it’s a comparison of Jesus to other things. The theme: Jesus is better! Amen! Favorite book other than the Bible: What’s So Amazing About Grace? by Philip Yancey. Also The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning.
7. I started blogging to publish the works of God that He is doing in my life.
8. Favorite activity: Laughing.
9. Favorite Bible verse? Depends on what I’m going through. Jude 24 is becoming more and more my favorite though as I get older. “Now to Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy. Amen!!”
10. I’ve lived in four different states. Five different homes.
11. If I could live anywhere I wanted, I would want to live in Hawaii. I mean! Have you seen the flowers there??! Gorgeous! I love beauty! What’s that poem by John Keats say? A thing of beauty is a joy forever.
My 11 Questions for you:
1. Give me one word that describes your personality.
2. Pet peeve?
3. What is your favorite place in the world?
4. If you could have super powers, what would it be?
5. Everybody has a little OCD in them. Some quirky characteristic or behavior. What is yours?
6. Favorite book? And don’t say the Bible. That’s too easy and obvious! 😛
7. Why did you start blogging?
8. Favorite activity?
9. What’s your favorite book of the Bible and why?
10. How many places have you lived (either towns or homes)?
11. Where would you live if you could move anywhere in the world?
My 11 nominees, in no particular order, are (drum roll, please!):